Originally located on W. State Street, near the North Gates of LSU’s Campus, Murphy’s was a legendary college hangout from 1980-1997. This long-running college bar became a favorite place for students to socialize. A fixture for those who loved its atmosphere and culture, students would go to Murphy’s to hear live music, partake in great drink specials, and hang out with hundreds of their closest friends. Whether on the crowded dance floor or outside in the fenced-in courtyard, Murphy’s always felt like home. Known far beyond the LSU community, Murphy’s was a right of passage for LSU students and visitors looking to unwind and have fun.
Twenty-five years later, past patrons of Murphy’s decided to resurrect the name and build one block closer to LSU’s campus. Unaffiliated with the original owners, the new Murphy’s on Chimes is designed for today’s college student looking to create memories that will also last a lifetime. A respectful tribute to the traditions and memories of the past, Murphy’s on Chimes combines nostalgia with a modern mindset. Located at 268 W. Chimes, we are steps from LSU’s campus and walking distance from all campus housing. The fully renovated building also holds historic significance as LSU’s first fraternity house after the campus relocated from downtown Baton Rouge in 1926.
Come honor the past and make memories for the future at the closest party to campus…Murphy’s on Chimes.